Date(s) - 01/25/2017
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Washington Group Plaza
Track No Tracks
Employers continue to look for innovative means of improving worker health and decreasing the costs of health care utilization as well as worker’s comp claims/injuries. This talk will focus on building and maintaining a “healthy/low risk” employee population through lifestyle medicine, with a focus on shift work and its associated health effects, including sleep deprivation and its associated cognitive impairment, obesity risk, elevated stress levels, and reduction of low back issues. This information can be immediately implemented with shift workers and is easily transferable to the general workforce as well. Participants will walk away with educational handouts to use as tools to educate their work force. This class will be appropriate for business owners, Directors of Operations, HR Directors, Supervisors, Leads, and onsite medical personnel (PT, RN, etc).
- Recognize the importance of mitigating the health effects and injury risks associated with shift work and sleep deprivation.
- Understand and implement best practices associated with shift work rotation, scheduling, etc.
- Understand the importance of addressing nutrition, stress-reduction, and proper exercise associated with best practices with shift workers.
- Understand the cognitive effects of sleep deprivation and how to improve cognitive functioning for overall improved health and safety.
- Understand how Corporate Employee Health Programs can demonstrate cost savings through risk reduction of health conditions, injury reduction, increased productivity, and reduced absenteeism for all workers.
Registrations are closed for this event.
NOTE: We do not have the manpower to make changes to your schedule or to track “wait lists” this year.
If a class is full, please go to the class and check in with the monitor at class time. The monitor will add folks on a first-come, first-served basis as space permits. Please, do not be late for your class (your spot will be filled) and please DON’T be a “No Show.” If your class is at AGC, ITD, Tates Rents, or Suez (previously United Water), please go to those locations to see if you can attend.
Also, please make sure you print your classes after you register. A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provide during account registration. In order to check your class schedule, log in using your username and password and navigate to My Classes. If you cannot remember your classes, please come to the registration desk for your packet at the BSU Student Union Building the first day of the conference.