Date(s) - 01/27/2016
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Washington Group Plaza
Track No Tracks
Think WAREHOUSE Safety
“THE SIMPLE FACTS”
Our warehouse and materials handling safety class will discuss a myriad of potential hazards and exposures; along with guidelines to effectively address and mitigate these hazards and exposures in a prudent manner. We will also discuss the impact of unsafe warehouses on your insurance premiums. Students will learn that there is more to warehouse safety than storing materials and products from the rain!
- More than 145,000 people work in over 7,000 warehouses.
- The fatal injury rate for the warehousing industry is higher than the national average for all industries.
Potential hazards for workers in warehousing:
- Unsafe use of forklifts;
- Improper stacking of products;
- Failure to use proper personal protective equipment;
- Failure to follow proper lockout/tagout procedures;
- Inadequate fire safety provisions including evacuation plans; and
- Repetitive motion injuries.
Registrations are closed for this event.
NOTE: We do not have the manpower to make changes to your schedule or to track “wait lists” this year.
If a class is full, please go to the class and check in with the monitor at class time. The monitor will add folks on a first-come, first-served basis as space permits. Please, do not be late for your class (your spot will be filled) and please DON’T be a “No Show.” If your class is at AGC, ITD, Tates Rents, or Suez (previously United Water), please go to those locations to see if you can attend.
Also, please make sure you print your classes after you register. A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provide during account registration. In order to check your class schedule, log in using your username and password and navigate to My Classes. If you cannot remember your classes, please come to the registration desk for your packet at the BSU Student Union Building the first day of the conference.